Rectangular wooden plate with rounded corners, 4 compartments, classic handles on the sides.
Size: 588*337 mm
Weight: 1800 gr
Its friendly form evokes grandmother’s country house, where Grandma put several delicacies on the table, sweet and salty alike.
Inspiration - what to serve in the bowl:
Confit Duck Legs with Pumpkin, Apple & Cabbage
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 small shallots, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch oregano
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked from stem
- 3-4 sprigs of tarragon, leaves picked from stem
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 ½ cups butternut pumpkin, skin removed and diced
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 x packs 500g Confit
- Duck Legs, with any duck fat or juice from the tray
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
In a large pan over medium high heat add 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, shallots, garlic and fresh herbs. Stir through and add butter, cabbage, pumpkin, apples, sugar, white wine and apple cider. Stir mixture once more and place confit ducks on top. Allow the mixture to simmer on the stove for another 2-3 minutes.
Place the pan in the oven without a lid and cook for 30-45 minutes.
Serve with some fresh parsley and crusty bread.